Web site indexer and search engine
Search.php3 is a Web/Application using PHP3, Mysql and PHPLIB's Template.
It indexes a web site by it's META tags.
Created February 23, 2000, as a learning experience for PHP3 and PHPLIB.
Stable: 0.1 - devel: ongoing - license: GPL
Notes About PhpLib
I've been getting alot of email about Warning: Failed opening 'template.inc'...
Be sure you follow the instructions on installing PHPLIB. Especially the part
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE
That very important note goes something like this:
Create an include directory named php parallel to your web servers
document root directory. Do not put the include directory below your
web servers document root.
MySQL Version 6.4 or higher
Search.php3 in tar.gz (UNIX) format.
Search.php3 is available under the terms of the
GNU Public Licence
Problems with PHPLIB
After receiving email about PHPLIB reporting errors with include paths and more, I decided to reload search
on a virgin machine and see for myself what are the problems with the install. I was able to clear most of
the problems by re-reading the "Some maintenance changes to PHPLIB 7.2" at URL
Fixes to PHPLIB Version 7.2
Also, the PHP include path must be set properly in the /usr/local/lib/php3.inc or your .htaccess if your provider
allows this on his server.
We offer a installation service.
We will install Search.php3 for $100.
Give Search.php a try, use the search box at the top-of-page to search our site or
Click to search our site for html
- Your HTML pages required META tags include:
- <META NAME="Title" CONTENT="Your page title">
- <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="keyword1,keyword2,...">
- <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="Your page description">
- <META NAME="Rating" CONTENT="PageRating (i.g. General)">
- The HTML code needed in your web page to execute Search.php3
Search: <input type=text name=searchSt size=35>
Loading the Search.php3 database
- To load your pages into the Search.php3 database goto to the URL
- Enter the HTML web page to be index
- Installing phplib-7.2
- From your document root: gzip -dc phplib-7.2.tar.gz | tar xvf -
- mkdir php
- cp ./phplib-7.2/php/* ./php
- Unpacking the gzip tar file into DocumentRoot/search
- mkdir search
- cd search
- gzip -dc ../search-0.1.tar.gz | tar xvf -
- Edit search.php3
- You should only have to edit three lines between 'Start Configuration' and 'End Configuration'
- Create the .htaccess and enter
- php3_include_path "YOUR-DOCUMENT_ROOT/php:/YOUR-DOCUMENT_ROOT/search"
- php3_auto_prepend_file "YOUR-DOCUMENT_ROOT/php/prepend.php3"
- php3_error_reporting "1"
- Create the database and tables
- mysqladmin -uroot create w3Search
- mysql -uroot w3Search < w3Search.sql
- Add feature which will rank the search results.
- Search results title needs to be the URL's page title if
the META tag <META NAME="TITLE"...> is missing.
Credit is acknowledge to the following for their contributions in making Search.php3 possible.
Minor Problems with initial release:
- search.php3 - YourPAGETITLE
- Change '"PAGETITLE" => YourPAGETITLE,'
to '"PAGETITLE" => $YourPAGETITLE,'
- Fixed 02-27-00
Confused? Questions? Comments?|
Send Email to HostMaster@W3WebMaster.Com
or call (203) 881-3100
16 Greenbriar Rd. Suite #2
Oxford, Connecticut USA
Date last modified -